We spent our final vacation days of the Summer of 2013 on Cape Cod at the family cottage. To celebrate the last day of our mini-vacation, Dearly Beloved made a delicious Frittata on the Weber grill! We served it with chicken sausage, toast (for those that still indulge in gluteny bread…), and a slice of cold cantaloupe. Delicious!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, precooked, diced
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Toppings: (anything that appeals to you! We had a person who does not like spinach or goat cheese. You could also a tomato slices, more bacon, pepper slices…Fire up your creativity!)
- Half #1 (precooked spinach – stir-fried in the bacon drippings, goat cheese, dusting of Romano cheese)
- Half#2 (heavier dusting of Romano cheese)
Pour egg base mixture into 12 inch cast iron skillet. Place desired toppings on surface of uncooked frittata. Cook frittata on top of the Weber gas grill at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces. Enjoy!