I have been doing some serious Jonesin’ for meatballs. I think I am protein-deprived. Chicken, tuna or steak would not do…it had to be meatballs tonight! I scanned my Pinterest recipes for something eye-catching, then jumped over to NomNomPaleo’s blog, knowing that she has an excellent recipe that I had spied. I did not have all the ingredients on hand, and I was starving, so here is my homage to Michelle’s Asian Meatballs! This made quite a bit…24 two inch meatballs plus enough for a tiny meatloaf!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces of raw baby carrots
- 8 ounces of raw sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium raw onion, quartered
- 2 Tbs. tomato sauce
- 3 Tbs. Fish Sauce (I used Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce…no gluten or MSG!)
- 1 egg
- salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; grease with a little coconut oil.
- Place meat in large bowl.
- Mince vegetables in food processor (I processed each vegetable separately.)
- Add vegetables to meat.
- Add egg, fish sauce, and tomato sauce.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Form into 2 inch meatballs; arrange on baking sheet. (I also used a 3 x 5 loaf pan; once I made 24 meatballs, I placed the remainder of the mixture in the loaf pan to make a tiny meatloaf.)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes. (Meatloaf may need an extra 5 minutes.)
- Serve these little meat poppers with the vegetable of your choice!